What would later be known as Guthrie's Pharmacy was established in 1955 by Sid Shapinsky. It was operated by Mr. Shapinsky as Chandler Pharmacy until it was purchased by Robert Bloss in 1974. In 1978 John Guthrie purchased the pharmacy (then known as Bob's Pharmacy) from Mr. Bloss and the name Guthrie's Pharmacy was adopted and is still in use today at its current location, 520 West Lincoln Avenue in Chandler Indiana.
Guthrie's Pharmacy has been a landmark in Chandler for decades with its professional, quality service in a family-like atmosphere. Guthrie's Pharmacy is the only independently owned pharmacy in Warrick County, as well as being the only pharmacy in the county to provide free delivery service. At Guthrie's Pharmacy it is our mission to provide patients with the best service possible, along with offering quality products, at a fair price.